Wasatch Front Waste and Recycling District, Taylorsville's waste and recycling provider, announced they will begin collecting green waste as a subscription service beginning in March 2014. Customers will be able to put yard and lawn trimmings, fruit and vegetable scraps, and leaves in a specially designed green waste cart for collection on their normal garbage and recycling day.
“Green waste pick up is being asked for by an increasing number of our customers,” said Wasatch Front Waste Executive Director Pam Roberts. “We are excited to offer this additional service.”
Customers are invited to pre-subscribe by sending an email to email@example.com with their name, address, and phone number; or by calling 385-468-6325. The green waste program is optional and by subscription only for an annual fee of $115 and a one-time, nonrefundable $60 cart fee to be paid by October 31, 2013.
“This service is just one more way that Wasatch Front Waste is staying green, innovative, and cutting edge,” said Taylorsville City Councilmember and Wasatch Front Waste Board Member Dama Barbour. “My community and the others using Wasatch Front Waste continue to be very well served.”
· Green waste includes all UNBAGGED lawn and yard trimmings (grass clippings, branches, leaves, garden waste), fruit and vegetable scraps, eggshells, coffee grounds, and tea bags. NO food, oils, fats, grease, paper, or plastic bags.
· Curbside green waste collection will begin in mid-March and end in mid-December (a firm start and end date will be announced).
· Collection is the same day as customers’ regular refuse and recycling day.
· Customers will receive a special green waste cart with vents to release moisture.
· Carts will be delivered to homes beginning in December 2013.The non-refundable $60 cart fee allows Wasatch Front Waste to purchase and deliver the carts.