Here are the results of the 2013 Taylorsville Election:
To clarify the annexation into the Unified Fire Service Area... We will have the same firefighters/emergency medical professionals as we currently have. The Firefighters will not receive any additional income or benefits as a result of this vote.
If Residents Vote to Join UFSA
· UFSA purchases property and reconstructs fire station 117 in Taylorsville;
· UFA will increase staffing in Taylorsville to the recommended levels;
· City Council determines how far to reduce the City’s property tax rate to offset for not having to collect taxes for fire service. Last year the Council passed a resolution to reduce the City’s rate by 50%; the current Council will make that decision;
· By joining the UFSA, the combined tax rates of the service area and the City would amount to a $7.50 a month increase on the average home, assuming a 50% reduction in Taylorsville’s rate;
· UFSA will collect property taxes to pay for fire/emergency medical services;
· The City will have a representative on the UFA Board, and on the UFSA Board.