It’s the last month of 2013, which means it is time for Community Council elections.
According to our City Ordinance the Community Councils are in place to inform communities about city policies and services, engage the public in city decisions, promote a sense of community, and encourage and cultivate community participation and communication. Community Councils provide a way for the community to have a voice at City Hall, and in return to have City Hall communicate to the community at large. This includes residents, businesses, schools, and churches.
The best way to find your own Community Council is to click here.
The current Community Council members are:
1B: Chair Jason Wyatt
Vice-Chair Daren Sandstrom
Secretary Michelle Grossman
2A: Chair Jolene Dearden
2B: Chair Jerry Milne
Vice-Chair Kim Passey
Secretary Connie Watkins
3A: Chair Dean Paynter
Vice-Chair Karen Christofferen
Secretary Judy Bunkall
3B: Vice-Chair Leonard Michaelsen
4B: Chair Cathy Jeffs
Vice-Chair Joyce Jackson
Secretary Kristine Carson
5A: Chair Doug Arnesen
Vice-Chair Kory Cox
Secretary RaAnn Foote
5B: Chair Alan Kirkwood
Vice-Chair Flo Graham
Secretary Karen Kirkwood
All community councils will hold elections for Chair, Vice Chair, and Secretary, so these names may change. We are also still looking for 1A and 4A nominations. These elections will take place at your specific Community Council meeting:
- 1B is meeting on December 12th at the YMCA Community Family Center (4223 S. Atherton Dr., corner of Fremont Elementary School) at 7 p.m.
- 2A is meeting on December 2nd at City Hall Rm. 202 at 7 p.m.
- 2B is meeting on December 26th at the Majestic Oaks Clubhouse (4635 S. 840 W.) at 7 p.m.
- 3A is meeting on December 5th at Ivory Highlands Clubhouse (2900 W. 6500 S.) at 7 p.m.
- 4B is meeting on December 3rd at City Hall at 6 p.m. THIS MEETING HAS BEEN CANCELED BECAUSE OF THE WINTER STORM! STAY TUNED FOR RESCHEDULED MEETING INFO.
- 5A is meeting on December 26th at City Hall at 7 p.m.
If you are ready to have your voice be heard and want to participate with your City in problem-solving and other engagements, send your nomination to Rhetta McIff at firstname.lastname@example.org.